Chia seeds are considered to be one of the few functional foods that can be effective in controlling obesity, the prevention of metabolic syndrome, and subsequently, the onset of cardiovascular diseases and type II diabetes mellitus.
They are easy to include in the diet and make wonderful desserts. There are hundreds of recipes in which chia seeds can be eaten raw too.
Read more about chia seeds and its science backed benefits.
Total Time : 25 minutes
Serves : 2
- 1⁄4 cup gluten free flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 3 tablespoons vanilla whey protein powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of himalayan salt
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon coconut flakes
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons almond milk
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Then add wet ingredients to the bowl and stir together.
- Heat a pan and coat with coconut oil or grass fed butter. Pour 2 tbsp of batter to form a medium size pancake.
- Cook a few minutes. Once it starts to caramelize at the bottom, flip and cook an additional minute or two.
- Caramelize both sides
Stack them together, add some honey and blue berries and enjoy!