DIY – Paleo Granola Recipe
Here’s a nutty, crunchy, paleo granola recipe baked in coconut oil and sweetened with dates. Serve this sugar-free recipe as a snack or for breakfast.
Prep Time : 10 min
Cook Time : 25 min
Total Time : 35 min
- 1 cup raw pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds (not in shells)
- 1 cup shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 20 dates, chopped finely
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- dash of salt (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Melt the coconut oil and pour it in a small bowl. Add the cinnamon, vanilla and salt (if none of the nuts are salted, I recommend a dash of salt). Stir well.
- Pour the oil mixture over the dry mixture and stir to combine and evenly coat.
- Spread the granola on a baking sheet* and bake for 20 minutes. Stir, then bake an additional 5 minutes.
- Allow the granola to cool completely, then store it in an airtight container.
This recipe is a post by paleo food authors, Julie, Maddie and Kinslee, the mother & daughter team at Taste of Lizzy T’s. You can find the original post here.