The four-hour body diet by Tim Ferris consists of carb-restricted high-protein meals for 6 days. One day of the week is a cheat day where no calorie or carb restrictions are practiced.
All meals must be approx four hours apart
The first high-protein meal must be within the hour of waking. Preferable in 30 mins of waking up.
Choose from each of the 3 food groups for each meal:
- Egg whites with 1-2 whole eggs for flavor (If eggs are organic 2-5 whole eggs)
- chicken breast or thigh
- Cottage cheese
- Protein powder (brown rice / hemp / pea)
For filling up
- Lentils (dal)
- Black beans
- Borlotti beans
- Red Beans
- Cruciferous veggies like cauliflower
- Sauerkraut / kimchee
- Green beans
1. Avoid White Carbs
- All Breads
- Rice (white & brown)
- Fried food
- Anything made of bleached flour (all processed bakery items)
2. Eat the same meals
Choose at least one food from the above 3 food categories. Mix and match and repeat them over and over again.
3. Cooking method
Stir-fried, boiled, or steamed is ok. Deep fried is to be avoided.
1. Don’t drink calories
Just stick to water. No fruit juices. Green tea, red wine can be considered later.
2. Don’t eat fruit
No fruits are to be eaten for 6 days.
3. No nuts
No roasted almonds, peanuts, or cashews
- The 4-Hour Body: An Uncommon Guide to Rapid Fat-loss, Incredible Sex and Becoming Superhuman