Awesome Health Tips to keep you Healthy, Wealthy & Wise
At times, when I see my grand mother, I am left wondering how she is doing so well at this age. She is 90 years old and does not need any external support even today.
If you are like me I am sure you are looking for health tips & lifestyles that our forefathers used so instinctively to keep themselves healthy, wealthy & wise.
You might be wondering:
Healthy yes, but why am I saying wealthy and wise? I will answer that at the end of the article, so keep reading.
First lets get to know Charles Eugster. Huh? Who the hell is Charles Eugster?
Eugster, who was born in London in 1919 and has dual British-Swiss citizenship, was a dentist for much of his adult life after earning degrees from four different universities. A twice-married father of two.
And wait for it….
He is 96 years old!!!
Eugster stresses that you’re never too old to get in shape. He didn’t start doing any serious weight training until he was 87, and he didn’t start running until he turned 95.
He produced a dental newsletter from when he was 75 until he was 82. Single since the death of his second wife in a car accident 14 years ago, one of his goals for when he turns 97 in July is to write a book.
Oh yes! No more excuses for you then to not take care of yourself, because if this man has not inspired you what are you gonna do?!
- Implement sensible health tips to keep the doctor away
- Eat Right, Live Right with my health care tips
- HEALTH TIPS ON ESSENTIAL MINERALS
- Health Tips to increase Iron levels in your Body
- HEALTH TIPS ON HAIR
- HEALTH TIPS TO GET Relieved FROM MOSQUITO BITE
- HEALTH TIPS FOR SKIN HEALTH
- HEALTH TIPS ON URINE INFECTION
- HEALTH TIPS ON VITAMINS
- How to increase B Vitamins in your Body
- How to increase Vitamins C levels in your Body
- HEALTH TIPS FOR WEIGHT LOSS
- Why you need to learn healthy lifestyle tips
Implement sensible health tips to keep the doctor away
We often believe that our health is dependent on the advancement and application of medical science. However, we forget that our ancestors lived far longer without any medical interventions. They never complained of lifestyle or autoimmune diseases.
I believe that living well is about eating well & living stress free. If you eat a healthy and nutritious diet full of vitamins, minerals, proteins and fat you can fight any of the life challenges.
And your doctor is not the person you can take a healthy eating advice from. After all they pick up all their health info from the same place that you do – TV & Magazines. You are better off consulting an ayurvedic doctor, a nutritionist or even a dietician.
Today, we know that we have forgotten the ancient art of living well. That is why Ayurveda, yoga and naturopathy are gaining popularity all over the world.
But nobody is going to give you those health tips on a platter. And even if you get it, nobody can implement them for you. Only you can do that.
You need to put efforts to make an informed choice.
I promise you that every time you come back on this page you will find something new. You will find some of the latest health tips curated from all over the world.
In fact we will even add valuable health tips that you share. So if you have a health tip from your grandmother, please share it here.
Using health tips to attain a healthy lifestyle
In our society, all of us are running to be a winner in every walk of life & want the biggest pie of everything. However, our body & mind are not ready to take up all that stress. We have forgotten to do what we love. Most of us try & are not able to, live up to the expectations of the world.
Naturally, our health is not in our control.
Staying healthy in cities is getting increasingly difficult due to stress, travel, toxic environment and lack of attention to eating nutritious food.
We are frequently eating junk food as that is what is easily & cheaply available.
Why do we eat junk food?
There are various reasons for various people.
- It is tasty
- It is cheap
- Offers an opportunity to hang out with others
- Takes away the pain of cooking
- Simplifies your life
You have so many things happening all through the day; you just want to simplify your life as much as possible. That is why junk foods are becoming a part of our life. All of us know that it is not good, but we still consume it.
However, when we eat junk food, we do not realize that we are inviting various lifestyle and autoimmune diseases.
Don’t let your health come between you and your happiness.
Why Health Tips score over our Medical System
The medical fraternity is increasingly getting commercialized and works primarily on symptom control. It does not look at our body in totality. For them, health problems are symptoms our body is facing, and if they can manage it well, it is just fine. They also only look for symptom management and do not try for lasting cures.
At VitSupp, we believe that living well is mostly about eating well. If you eat a healthy and nutritious diet full of vitamins, minerals, proteins and fats you can fight any of the life challenges.
We also understand the challenges you are facing in procuring nutritious and healthy food, as it is simply not available.
What is available today is either genetically modified or hybrid, full of pesticides and chemicals. It is something that is not going to change easily.
However, if you are aware of some common & sensible health tips, you can stay clear of most health challenges.
Benefits of a healthy lifestyle
- With some simple tried and tested health & lifestyle tips you can tide over unexplained reasons of your constant tiredness, lethargy, water retention and obesity.
- You can say goodbye to crowded clinics & hospitals and those grumpy doctors.
- You can treat your health concerns from the root with health tips
Eat Right, Live Right with my health care tips
Our modern food supply & eating habits just do not supply the fuel to keep us at the forefront of the world. To stay ahead, you need to add certain micro-nutrients to our daily routine so that your body and mind can function up to your expectations.
By understanding the connection between diet and health concerns, you can make appropriate and better dietary choices.
So Here are some of the best-known and curated Health Tips.
Here are some awesome health tips to keep you healthy, wealthy & wise :
Tips to clean the air we breath : Control indoor air pollution
1. How to prevent Air Pollution Naturally [READ MORE]
This article lists several inexpensive & natural ways to get rid of indoor pollutants. Best part is that they are easy to implement!
Houseplants can help you purify indoor air. They absorb particulates in the air and then process it into oxygen via photosynthesis. Get the full list of indoor plants that can make your indoors clean and also make your home look opulent in this article!
Health tips for diabetes management
1. Apple Cider Vinegar May Lower Sugar Levels [READ MORE]
Several studies have found that ACV may help lower glucose levels.
A 2007 study of 11 people with type 2 diabetes found that taking two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar before bed lowered glucose levels in the morning by 4%-6%.
2. Triphala helps lower blood sugar & improves insulin sensitivity. [READ MORE]
3. Diabetes is one of the 14 lifestyle diseases linked to low Vitamin D. Learn how to improve your vitamin D status with natural vitamin D rich foods for vegetarians & non-vegetarians. [READ MORE]
Health tips for digestion improvement
Apple Cider Vinegar is High in Prebiotics. Prebiotics serves as food for beneficial bacteria that live in the intestines. Probiotics crowd out the harmful bacteria and allow beneficial bacteria to grow and flourish.
2. Heal your stomach with this article : Will Quitting Rice Help in losing Belly Fat?
This article will tell you how to tackle your digestive problems.
HEALTH TIPS ON ESSENTIAL MINERALS
Health Tips to increase Iron levels in your Body
If you are trying to improve your iron status, avoid eating calcium rich foods with iron rich foods, as calcium inhibits iron absorption.
You can try Apple Cider Vinegar.
Apple Cider Vinegar is a Rich Source of Iron. It is a great news for all those who are deficient in Iron.
HEALTH TIPS ON HAIR
To keep your crowning glory thick long and strong ensure that you apply the power of 5 proven nutrients. Iron (Ferritin), B-Complex, Fish Oil, Vitamin C, Vitamin D.
Add Iron rich foods to your diet to stop hair loss and improve your hair growth and hair texture. Foods like Spinach, Moringa, Egg Yolks, Brussels Sprouts, Brocolli. & dried fruits such as apricot, raisins and dates have better iron content than fresh fruits. Lentils and Kidney Beans (rajma) also provide a decent amount of iron.
Apple Cider Vinegar may eliminate dandruff by removing a fungus called Malassezia. Apple cider vinegar helps you with your hair dandruff problem, by changing the pH levels of your scalp, making it harder for the fungus to grow.
HEALTH TIPS TO GET Relieved FROM MOSQUITO BITE
When you are bitten by female mosquitoes you may feel an itch right away or within a certain number of hours. What happens is reality is that mosquito is not biting you, she lands her large needle-like mouth part, called proboscis on your skin to suck out the blood.
After sucking the blood, she leaves behind a little of her saliva, which acts as an anticoagulant (helping her suck up your blood efficiently). Our body has a natural immune response to the foreign mosquito saliva and creates histamines, thereby causing the skin around the bite to itch.
Apple Cider Vinegar, when applied on skin part bitten by a mosquito, feel relieved with minutes of applying it.
HEALTH TIPS FOR SKIN HEALTH
The primary cause of acne is the blockage of skin pores due to pollution and dust in the air which settles on the skin causing bacterial overgrowth.
The anti-bacterial properties of ACV inhibit acne by acting as a cleanser and toner.
HEALTH TIPS ON URINE INFECTION
Urine Infection in women is prevalent not only in India but worldwide. More than 50 percent of women develop a urine infection during their lifetimes.
Hygiene does play a major role in urine infection in women.
Repeated usage of antibiotic may cause a bacteria antibiotic-resistant. Therefore, more and more women look for Indian Home Remedies to keep Urine infection at bay as repeated use of antibiotics makes it difficult to control a previous UTI.
Berries contain compounds known as tannins (or proanthocyanidins). Tannins could stop E. coli bacterium from adhering to cells within the tract, thereby inhibiting Unrine infection.
Cranberry and its related berries are found to have protecting properties against urine infections.
- DO urinate when you need to do so; DON’T resist the urge.
- ALWAYS wipe from front to back to prevent bacteria from entering your urethra, when using toilet paper. Especially ladies.
- DO drink plenty of water.
- ALWAYS visit the toilet before and after sex.
- ALWAYS clean your genital area before sexual intercourse. Preferably with a mild soap.
- DON’T using feminine hygiene sprays. They encourage infection.
- ALWAYS take showers. Avoid hot tub baths. Avoid usage of Jacuzzi.
- DON’T drink alcohol. Alcohol is a strong irritant to the bladder and will send you to the toilet unnecessarily.
- DO reduce or eliminate caffeine. Avoid caffeine-loaded soft drinks and chocolate, along with tea and coffee. Caffeine like alcohol irritates the bladder.
- ALWAYS use only white unscented toilet paper. Avoid coloured, fragrant toilet paper. If possible use a bidet while washing on the pot.
- DO wear cotton garments. Cover all private areas with natural cotton only. Women should wear cotton underwear and try to keep their private parts dry and “ventilated.”. Men should go for loose boxer shorts.
- DO wear Loose-Fitting Clothes: Tight jeans or unnatural materials like nylon are harmful because moisture can trap in these and allow the bacteria to proliferate.
- FINALLY, women need to avoid spermicidal contraceptives, diaphragms and vaginal douching. These irritate the vagina and the urethra and can encourage urinary tract infection.
HEALTH TIPS ON VITAMINS
How to increase B Vitamins in your Body
Try Apple Cider Vinegar that contains B Vitamins.
How to increase Vitamins C levels in your Body
Vitamin C rich foods are Indian Gooseberry or Amla, Guava, Red Bell Peppers, Green Bell Peppers, Oranges, Kiwi, Broccoli etc.
While different health agencies are setting different values, I suggest the values being promoted by the Vitamin D council.
The recommended levels of Vitamin D are 40-80 ng/ml.
Do you know that in obese and overweight people with vitamin D deficiency, vitamin D supplementation aids weight loss and enhances the beneficial effects of a reduced-calorie diet.
All people affected by obesity should have their levels of vitamin D tested to see if they are deficient, and if so, begin taking supplements.”
All women who supplemented with 100,000 IU of Vitamin D per month achieved sufficient Vitamin D status & lost an average of 5.39 kg in six months.
Bringing your Vitamin D levels to sufficient status may help you get rid of the stubborn belly fat.
Well, it depends on the season you are talking about. India has many seasons but lets just concentrate on winter and summer.
In summer 9-11 am is the best time to get vitamin D, later on you may be prone to sun burn, after all India is hot, isn’t it?
During winter the best time to get sun bath is between 11am to 3 pm.
Usually, evening time is not considered safe to get vitamin D, so avoid doing so.
Some people say, irrespective of the season, best time to get vitamin D is when your shadow is shortest.
Well, people are entitled to their opinion we recommend what we have aforementioned.
To get sufficient Vitamin D from Sun you just need to stroll out in a sunny day for 20-30 minutes or bit more if it’s the winter season and you are done.
Cod liver oil is the best known natural vitamin D sources that can be consumed orally. You will be surprised to know; one table spoon of cod liver oil provides 1360 IUs (International Units) which is 340% of daily recommended intake.
HEALTH TIPS FOR WEIGHT LOSS
It has also been found that acetic acid found in Apple Cider Vinegar suppresses your appetite, increases your metabolism, and reduces water retention. This overall results into reduced weight and belly fat. The reduction of water retention itself allows for losing inches.
Why you need to learn healthy lifestyle tips
Have you heard the old saying “You are what You eat.” If you stick to a nutritious diet full of proteins, Vitamins, and minerals, your body reflects it. You will feel healthy, energised and just all-around great.
The biggest challenge we are facing today is the availability of safe, healthy and nutritious food in cities.
You must be wondering all the food stores carry imported, exotic and good looking foods, vegetables and grains.
Do not be fooled, the food, which we eat today does not give necessary amount of vitamins and nutrients we need.
1 Our Food today is deficient of Nutrients
- Soil depletion has reduced the nutrient content of our food
- Hybrid crops provide lower-nutrient food
- Modern fertilisers do not contain enough trace elements
- Long-distance transportation of many foods diminishes their nutritional content
- Food processing often drastically reduces the nutrient content of common foods
- Food additives often further deplete nutrients
- The modern use of chemical pesticides and herbicides all over the world make food somewhat toxic, and damage soil microorganisms. Both of these also reduce the nutrition of the crops.
- Toxic chemicals and toxic metals in the air, water and elsewhere deplete nutrients
2 We need much more nutrition than before
We are leading a competitive life and most of want to be ahead of others.However, all this is adding stress to our body, and its demand for nutrients go up. With stressful lifestyle and poor eating habits we have:
- Weak digestion which impairs the absorption of nutrients
- Chronic and acute infections and other illnesses that deplete nutrients and increases nutritional needs
- Toxic chemicals and toxic metals in the air, water and elsewhere increase the need for nutrition to combat them
- Medical procedures, which also drastically deplete nutrients
- Just Imagine: We need more nutrients to cope with the pressure of our day to day life. However, our food does not contain nutrients we need, and our body can not absorb whatever is in the food.Naturally, we are falling sick or depressed.
- Unique Life situations: Several other instances require that our body receives additional quantity of nutrients
- Unique life situations such as pregnancy require extra nutrition.
- Babies need extra nutrients for their growing bodies. However, they are also born deficient today.
- The increased use of vaccines and medical drugs can drastically deplete your nutritional status.
3 We are suffering from several Diseases
These are major factors that influence susceptibility to many diseases. Around the world, people have started eating more commercially reared meat, commercial and highly processed dairy products, vegetable oils, sugary foods, and alcoholic beverages. Several diseases have become common, like
- Blood Pressure problems
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Developmental Disorders like ADHD, Autism, Aspergers
- Hair and skin problems
Degrading food quality leads to food allergies and thereby auto-immune disease like
- Thyroid problems