Popular perception about fat is that it is bad for our body and health and must be avoided at any cost. However before we share real fat facts – you do not know, what you need to know it that fat is one of the three main macronutrients:carbohydrate, and protein. Fats, also known as triglycerides, are esters of three fatty acid chains and the alcohol glycerol.
Fat is a very important foodstuff and an essential part of diet as they serve both structural and metabolic functions. Therefore fat is an essential part of a healthy balanced diet and we need it for our nerves, brain and skin cells, to protect vital organs in the body and to help to control our body temperature. Fat also provides us with energy and adds taste and texture to our food.
- Real Fat Facts – The Good & The Bad.
- Real Fat Facts – The Human Brain is 60% Fat!
- So why is the whole food and medical industry saying that ghee and butter are fatal.
- Real Fat Facts – Fat makes you smart
- Real Fat Facts – Are oils better than ghee/butter?
- So Why don’t we hear about this?
- Real Fat Facts – The biggest Fat Myth!
Real Fat Facts – The Good & The Bad.
Optimum levels of fat are an integral part of a healthy diet. For simplicity, fats can be broadly classified into 2 types:
- Organic Ghee/ Clarified Butter (Desi Ghee)
- Local Unprocessed Butter from Grassfed Cows
- Homemade Sour Cream
- Cold-Pressed, Organic, Virgin Coconut Oil
- Cold-Pressed, Organic, Virgin Olive Oil
- Processed Vegetable Oil(Any)
- Processed Cooking Oil(Any)
- Spreadable Butter (lite butter)
- Hydrogenated Oil (CRISCO,Dalda,Vanaspati Ghee)
- Butter Replacements
So why is the whole food and medical industry saying that ghee and butter are fatal.
Dr Mary Enig explains “In the late 1950’s, Ancel Keys, american researcher, wrongly concluded and announced that heart disease was caused by saturated fats(ghee, butter, lard). Later he corrected this error rightly blaming the hydrogenated vegetable fats (CRISCO, Dalda). The food industry responded to this perceived threat to business by mounting a PR campaign to promote the belief that only the saturated part of the hydrogenated oil was the problem.”
Subsequently, with decades of relentless advertising propaganda, vegetable oils have replaced the natural animal and dairy fats that people have been cooking with for thousand of years.
So Why don’t we hear about this?
Because the wealthy food giants spend billions of dollars on employing “scientists” and provide them with “scientific proof”. And then they spend some more on advertising the same in popular media. Real science, however, is too poor to do the same. Consequently the populace hears only what the food giants want them to hear.