White sugar is the crystallized sucrose extracted from either sugarcane or sugar beets. The World Health Organization (WHO) recommends that both adults and children should reduce the intake of free sugars to less than 10% of total energy intake as sugar consumption is linked to several health concerns such as:
- Sugar Addiction
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Unhealthy Blood glucose levels
- Cardiovascular disease
- Obesity and diabetes
- Tooth decay
However what is largely unknown among masses is that White Sugar Causes Nutritional Deficiency.
How White Sugar Causes Nutritional Deficiency
Use of white sugar robs your body in five ways:
- It replaces nourishing food and supplies only empty calories: Our body needs energy to lasts long during the day. Our food provides energy in the form of calories along with nutrients like vitamins and minerals. However Sugar provides empty calories without any nutrients. So while eating sugar your body gets energy but it does not get other micro-nutrients.
- Robs body Nutrients: To balance the harmful effects of White Sugar, your body spends the stores of vitamins B-Complex, Vitamin C, Phosphorous and Magnesium to metabolize those poisonous calories.
- Upsets Calcium Phosphorous Balance: High blood sugar equals high blood calcium. There follows a drop in the phosphorus level as the glands seek to counter the high sugar level. This results in White Sugar upsetting the Calcium – Phosphorous balance of the blood. The excess calcium is excreted in the urine, creating many other problems such as:
- Tooth decay
- Suppresses the immune system: White Sugar suppresses the immune system by 50% for as much as five hours after it is consumed. A serving of cake, ice-cream, or soft drink is all that is needed.
- Thins the fluid in the Cartilage of Joints: White Sugar thins the fluids in the cartilage of joints, and causes loss of glucosamin oglycans. Glucosamin oglycans is a substance, which is needed to build cartilage. This contributes to joint destruction and pain.
How to deal with White Sugar Caused Nutritional Deficiency
If you are a Sugar addict, you might be facing one of the health concerns mentioned above. To ensure recovery from Sugar addiction following Health Supplements could come handy:
- Vitamin K or Boron Supplement: The ideal calcium—phosphorus ratio per 100 cc blood is 10 PPM calcium—3.7PPM phosphorus. High blood sugar equals high blood calcium. Consumption of sugar leads tohigh Blood calcium levels. This is followed by a drop in the phosphorus level as the glands seek to counter the high sugar levels. The excess calcium is excreted in the urine. Then there is then a rebound in the opposite direction. The blood ratio is now low calcium, high phosphorus. To ensure such a situation does not occur Supplement of Vitamin K and or Boron has been found to reduce calcium loss by 30%, thereby averting the overall flip-flop in the levels of Calcium and Phosphorus.
- Probiotics: Probiotics are a key source of Vitamin K. This is another reason to cultivate our friendly residents of the gut.
- Calcium, Vitamin D & Betaine HCL: Your diet is generally high in phosphorus. People who consume high quantity of soft drinks (high in phosphoric acid and sugar or worse—aspartame] also face a situation where their blood Phosphorus levels increases. Your Parathyroid glands produces hormone (PTH) that with vitamin D regulates calcium levels in the blood. Excess phosphorus or insufficient calcium causes the parathyroids to produce excess PTH that then restores blood calcium by robbing calcium from our bones. If your diet is also deficient of calcium, which is generally the case world over or if you have lack of Stomach hydrochloric acid production or a lack of vitamin D (which is also quite common), the results are devastating to your health. The ideal calcium—phosphorus ratio per 100 cc blood is 10 PPM calcium—3.7PPM phosphorus. This is the only usable ratio. Excess phosphorus to calcium ratio may cause headaches, nausea, yellow skin, weariness, and inflammatory conditions that may show anywhere in the body (pyorrhea, arthritis etc.). It definitely is a major cause in the epidemic of osteoporosis, muscle twitches & cramps, Transient Ischemic Attacks (TIA / mini-strokes), high blood pressure, osteomalacia (softening of bones). Therefore Consumption of Calcium, Vitamin D and Betaine HCL will resolve the health concerns.
- Magnesium: An excess calcium-to-phosphorus ratio causes tooth decay, calcium deposits. and a loss of calcium stores from the body. Magnesium controls the way calcium enters cells, so a shortage of this mineral (commonly lacking in the diet) will compound the above problems. In fact, a supplement of magnesium, equal to the amount of calcium being supplemented, is very effective in countering the cramps and twitches as well.